venerdì 21 marzo 2008

Reading Poetry is great
Reading T.S. Eliot is even better

...
Shall I part my hair behind? Do I dare to eat a peach?
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.
I do not think that they will sing to me.
I have seen them riding seaward on the waves
Combing the white hair of the waves blown back
When the wind blows the water white and black.
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

2 commenti:

friend ha detto...

Non so chi lei sia - donna o uomo
Non ho mai visto niente di così elegante, pulito, equilibrato.

Mi piacerebbe conoscerla ...
Non so se parli italiano … potrei sempre imparare l'inglese...
Che ne dice?

T.S.Eliot potrebbe ascoltarci

poetry lover ha detto...

Lei mi fa arrossire, :-| :^} :8} :}
In ogni caso - sono così insolite le persone che apprezzano T. S. Eliot!
Lei, e neppure conosco la sua identità di genere, ha già acquisito credenziali notevoli ...
------------------------
Potrebbe stupirmi ancora
che ne dice?